Internet not working properly? These common quick fixes may save you a call to tech support:
- Make sure all appropriate devices (computer and/or router, power strips, etc.) are plugged into a power source and turned “on.”
- Make sure your computer (if not using a wireless router) is plugged into the Ethernet wall outlet or your router (if using a wireless network) is plugged into the EPB-installed modem box, as well as a power source.
- Restart your computer and (if using a wireless network) reboot your wireless router.
- Make sure your firewall software (especially newly installed firewall software) is configured properly and not blocking your Internet access.
- Keep in mind that a wireless network must be secured or others outside of your home can access and use it, which can drain your speed performance. Check your network security settings and enable password protection on your home’s network so that only those authorized can access it.
If these tips don’t fix the problem, call 423-648-1372 anytime day or night for local, award-winning tech support.
Back to Home Support | Back to Business Support