Tree / Shrub Type
A rounded, multi-stemmed shrub. Non-fragrant white flowers in flat-topped corymbs appear in late spring. Flowers give way to blue-black, berry-like fruit which is quite attractive to birds and wildlife. Prefers moist soils, but tolerates a wide range of conditions. Prune as needed immediately after flowering.
- Dimensions: 6-10 feet tall, 6-10 feet wide
- Water Use: Medium
- Light Requirement: Partial shade to full sun
- Soil Moisture: Medium soil
- Ornamental Use: Not highly ornamental, but hardy, vigorous and reliable. Shrub borders, tall hedge or screen.
- Wildlife: Attracts birds and butterflies.