Tree / Shrub Type
A loose open shrub valued for its spectacular fruits. The relatively insignificant flowers develop into prolific bright violet to magenta berry-like fruit which encircles the stem. These fruits remain attractive for a long time, although they are generally gone before severe winter weather.
- Dimensions: 6-10 feet tall, 6-10 feet wide
- Water Use: Medium to wet
- Light Requirement: Sun, Partial Shade
- Soil Moisture: Medium to moist soil
- Ornamental Use: Back of a shrub border, massed in large landscapes, bears more fruit if several are planted together.
- Wildlife: Berries attract many bird and small mammal species, as well as butterflies.