Tree / Shrub Type
A small tree, with branches that are usually spreading to form a rounded crown. Pink flowers make a beautiful, fragrant show in early spring. Leaves are red when they emerge in early spring and are highlighted against colorful, scaly bark. Yellow-green fruit is not showy by ornamental standards.
- Dimensions: 15-20 feet tall, 15-20 feet wide
- Water Use: Wet
- Light Requirement: Partial shade to full sun
- Soil Moisture: Moist soil
- Ornamental Use: Great as a small ornamental tree. The heavy wood is used to make tool handles.
- Wildlife: Fruit attracts rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, foxes and other small animals.