Tree / Shrub Type
Features cup-shaped, sweetly-fragrant (lemony), creamy-white, waxy flowers which appear in mid-spring and throughout the summer. Oblong shiny evergreen foliage is silvery beneath. Cone-like fruits with bright red seeds mature in fall and can be showy.
- Dimensions: 10-35 feet tall, 10-35 feet wide
- Water Use: Medium
- Light Requirement: Partial shade to partial sun
- Soil Moisture: Medium to moist soil
- Ornamental Use: Use near patios or on the periphery of woodland areas. Often planted in parks. Will grow in wet soils such as those found in low spots or near ponds/streams.
- Wildlife: Attracts birds and butterflies.