Tree / Shrub Type
A thicket-forming, broadleaf evergreen shrub or small tree with oblong, glossy leaves that have toothed margins. Small, greenish-white flowers appear on male and female plants in April. Flowers are fragrant and pollinated flowers on female plants give way to berry-like red fruits.
- Dimensions: 10-20 feet tall, 8-12 feet wide
- Water Use: Light to medium
- Light Requirement: Partial shade to full sun
- Soil Moisture: Dry to medium soil
- Ornamental Use: Very popular as a hedge, screen, windbreak or barrier. Topiary.
- Wildlife: Birds are attracted to the fruit.