Tree / Shrub Type
One of the best summer-flowering shrubs for shady areas. This dense, multi-stemmed shrub typically grows 6-12' tall. Features include showy, tubular white flowers with red anthers and pinkish filaments. It’s mid-summer bloom can be spectacular. Flowers give way to glossy inedible, pear-shaped nuts (buckeyes).
- Dimensions: 6-12 feet tall, 8-15 feet wide
- Water Use: Medium
- Light Requirement: Partial to full shade
- Soil Moisture: Medium to moist soil
- Ornamental Use: Group or mass in shrub borders or woodland areas.
- Wildlife: Attracts butterflies and tolerates deer and rabbits.